Monday, September 23, 2013

"Mud Wall" progress!

It's a little slow going...ok that's not completely true. Progress was speeding along; but we welcomed a quick visit with relatives, and then hit a literal speed bump. (Two different events...sigh).  Actually, I was able to do everything here in just two days.  My husband was actually laughing and at one point said -- "the paint has to dry, that will slow you down a bit"!!

So, the progress is: First, I painted the wall...yes, I am cheating. I'm not about to rip down the wallpaper, so I'm priming it to make the painting easier after the trim is on.

I was toying around with just doing the small wall and leaving the wall next to the front door alone.  But decided it would have a more cohesive look (and be brighter and larger looking) if I wrapped the finish around the corner.

I cut and nailed the trim work to the wall, caulked the seams, filled the nail holes, and put two coats of paint on everything!

For now I'm leaving all the sections white.  But, don't you think the top area (between the trim pieces) would be fun in a contrasting color?  Any suggestions?

Now I need to install the working parts and interesting thing...hooks and art!  My boys have been hounding me...they actually WANT to hang their backpacks up!!  Maybe I'll have time to surprise them with it when they get home from school....or maybe I should figure out what to make for dinner.  Hmmmm....

Remember what it looked like before?  A serious improvement.  PS:  Free: small wall-mount hook board with trucks and trains. :)

1 comment: