Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese icing!!


I hosted an event here the other night and needed something fun and seasonal for dessert.  Maybe it's the pumpkin latte's everywhere, but I've had some serious pumpkin cravings.  And, since my hubby won't go near pumpkin, I had to make sure there were others around to eat them.  My kids will eat them (all of them) but I don't need that happening!!!

The other interesting thing to note is that I don't bake desserts.  My husband does. I've even devolved to using the bagged cookie mix.  (I know those of you who ate cookies I made in my teens are cheering right now.) So for me, this was a serious challenge.

So, I searched for recipes and found two awesome options.  The first was from My Baking Addiction and the second was from Skinnytaste.com. One of the sites said that it was adapted from a Martha Stewart Recipe -- always a good sign!!

After looking at the calorie content on both the recipes, I combined the two.  I was aiming for really tasty and not too bad for you.

From Skinnytaste.com, I used the pumpkin cupcake recipe (and it was stupidly easy...so that was a selling point for me) and I pulled the cinnamon cream cheese frosting recipe from the second site.  It is the really unhealthy part of the recipe.  But it is really, really tasty!!  Then I couldn't resist sticking the candy corn on top.

They were a HUGE hit!!  People even took extras home to their spouses (supposedly). I think they just hid them in their fridge for later....


Thanks to both My Baking Addiction and Skinnytaste.com for your publications!!


No comments:

Post a Comment