Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Patterns

Have you noticed the new trends of pattern layering? I love it -- the new Ethan Allen catalog came in the mail and it is showing "The New Eclecticism".  I apparently strive to fit into this category.  Look at this example, pattern rug with patterned table base, pattern wallpaper...and somehow none of it is overbearing.  I think I need a decorator to pull this together for me....



Here is a picture that reflects my true inspiration, the repeating arched supports reminiscent of a time passed.  Positioned on top of layers of concrete surrounded with the columned edging on a backdrop of waves and trees.
This is the pier to the South Haven, MI lighthouse.  It was really cold, rainy and windy there this past weekend!!  But we had a great time -- we normally aren't on the shores of Lake Michigan in November!!  It made us want to come back in February to see what the lake looks like covered in ice and snow!

1 comment:

  1. Super picture of the pier! We've seen it in winter. Very different!

    ReplyDelete