Sunday, May 18, 2014

Mason Jar Soap Dispenser

Have you seen these beautiful mason jar soap dispensers?

 I saw them in catalogs and then in the bathroom one of my favorite restaurants, 101 Beer Kitchen. That sold me, if a glass jar soap dispenser can survive in a restaurant bathroom it will survive my boys...at least for a little while...



Update: I've made two so far, and it's quite easy to do.  They've survived for three months, numerous small friends and a couple of adult gatherings.  I plan on making another for the kitchen sink.  I've found they're heavy enough to be easy to pump without toppling over.

And, the color combinations you can make are only limited by the pump you purchase.  I have a blue jar with a sliver lid and silver metal pump in the full guest bath and a small clear jar with a clear pump in the half bath.  I've bought interesting plastic "throw away" soap dispensers

 

but you can also find pump kits online.

No comments:

Post a Comment